Friday, September 24, 2010

Welcome to the World of Blogging: A Tale of my Blogging Experiences

Where shall I begin? 

I guess starting off with telling you a little about myself. My name is Cerrissa. I was born in Brooklyn, NY where I lived until the age of 10 and my family moved to Jackson, NJ. My mother is of Puerto Rican decent whereas my father is Chinese. I have one older sister and a beautiful niece. I went to an All Girls Boarding School called Miss Halls School in Pittsfield, MA. Following my studies there I attended Lafayette College in Easton, PA. After college I moved to Washington, DC; where I currently reside. I live in a part of DC called Glover Park with my boyfriend Matt, our roommate Rachel, and our dog Hershey. (Matt needed me to also include that he is awesome, sexy, and debonair. This should be a good introduction to him for you all.) As for a profession, you name it I've done it. I've been a teacher, retail store manager, an aide to the first justice of Massachusetts, a nanny, bartender, a tutor, an environmental consultant assistant, and even a truck stop employee. My varied experiences in both my professional and personal life have caused my friends to say "you really need to write this sh**t down sometime". I'm glad I can amuse someone. So, today I thought to myself ...let's do it!


So thinking back through all the years the whole blogging thing seemed to me just another way for someone who lacks social graces to occupy their time. You know the socially inept, those that sit idle in front of a computer screen living their lives through the streaming Internet. I guess envisioned in my head were these dungeons and dragons "geeks" on their computers from sun up to sun down blogging about tech savvy new toys, games, and programs. Well, over the years I guess I have come to be one of those "geeks". I would have never imagined myself answering, checking, let alone writing a blog 2 years ago, yet here we are!
  
The first encounter with the ever allusive BLOG...

I guess the first time I came across the blogging community was after watching an episode of Lost. Mind you this was one of my favorite shows and with my endless need to have control over things I stepped into the lions den. This was one of those shows that as much as I loved the plot twists and mysterious smoke monster (For those who know not of said monster I swear its not nearly as dorky as it sounds... but I digress) I hated not knowing what was going on. So, I reached for my computer and there began my obsession with the Lost blog. Every episode thereafter I found myself chatting away with fellow "losties" about theories. I was happy to find other people with an insatiable need to know or have control over things. I suppose after that I was done for.

Lightning Strikes Twice

I dragged myself away from the Lost blogs when it reached a point of obsession. ( lol yes that is the point I waited for) When even my friends made fun of me for chatting online about a TV show. After missing a few of the blogs I was fine. Like a nicotine addict gone cold turkey days 1-3 were hard but once I reached day 7 I was perfectly fine. Why, you may ask.... I found a new obsession of course! My addictive personality reared its ugly head and with a nonchalant wave of its hand said "Hello Perez Hilton". Now, I am in full fledged blog mode. Every chance I get I'm pulling out my computer or blackberry to check whats going on in the world of celebrity or in the world of my friends. I guess the advances the last few years with connecting people via internet have aided in my conversion to a blog friendly life style. With the help of websites like myspace, linkin, and of course everyones favorite distraction facebook, the blogging world has become more of an accepted past- time. Well, I guess in my eyes at least and truthfully its my blog so I will go right ahead and say it  Yes, Cerrissa you are correct

So, there it is.... the first blog entry. Boring yes but we need to start with the basics here people. I am sure I've forgotten to write a lot down about myself and what I want from this blog but I promise to have that all figured out by next week! 

Until then this blog will be under construction!!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment